We are the husband and wife team of Ivan and Sarah Filpo. I (Ivan) have been interested in photography ever since I got my very first camera in 2003,
a Canon A70. Sarah and I have joined creative forces to form Filpo Photography based in the Denham Springs/Baton Rouge, Louisiana area.
A little about Sarah:
- I love dogs. This Will Rogers quote pretty much sums it all up: "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- I'm a fiber artist. Specifically knitting. Where my stitches at?
- I've recently become a sports fan, at the age of 26. I have Saints Superbowl mania to thank for that.
- You can often find me with my dogs, knitting, and watching some kind of sporting event, usually a Saints, Hornets, or Astros game, or any of the Grand Slam tennis matches.
- I'm a reality tv junkie. Seriously, it's an addiction.
- I appreciate a good Chinese food buffet. Great Wall, anyone?
- I make a mean gumbo.
- I lived the first 20 years of my life in the Caribbean nation of Dominican Republic.
- I love nature and the transformative power it has to bring people together. Canoeing is one of my favorite outdoor activities.
- I was an active Boy Scout for over 10 years.
- Even though I'm from a tropical climate, and live in South Louisiana, I love cold weather.
- I try to play tennis twice a week.
- I'm a techie. I love gadgets.
- I can't stand unsweetened tea for the life of me. And I have a certain aversion to pickles.